City: Kansas City
The Certified Peer Rehabilitation Specialist provides supportive services for consumers who are experiencing troubles as a result of a disability (primarily mental illness). Services may include independent living skill building, community integration, job skill training, psychoeducational classes, rehabilitation planning, community activities, consumer and family education, coordination of services, consumer or self advocacy, referral to other service providers, and crisis support. The Certified Peer Rehabilitation Specialist will meet productivity standards and documentation requirements to assure the viability of the program success and consumer outcomes. The Certified Peer Rehabilitation Specialist functions as a member of an interdisciplinary team for consumer care and services. The Certified Peer Rehabilitation Specialist works under the regular supervision and direction of a Supervisor, Coordinator-Manager, Program Director, or a Qualified Mental Health Professional
Scheduled on an as-needed basis
Mon-Fri – 2:00pm-7:00pm
Saturday – 8:30am-2:00pm
Requirements: Minimum Requirements
– High school degree or equivalent
– Must be a primary mental health consumer (diagnosed as having a mental illness) and willing to share the personal experiences of recovery.
– Good written and verbal communication skills.
– Work with people in a team setting.
– Demonstrate ability to respectfully motivate other consumers to act on their own behalf and to participate in activities.
– Able to engage clients in one-on-one and in small groups.
– Speak and read English.
– Valid Driver’s License
– Completion of training as directed through orientation and/or by Leadership, Management or Educators in the established timeline for continued employment.
Send Resume To: