City: Saint Louis
Job duties include but are not limited to:
• Participate fully as a member of the treatment team
• Assertively outreach and engage current clients including those with co-occurring issues into agency treatment services
• Work with clients to identify and develop positive role models and support systems from all areas of life (work, church, family, 12 step support groups etc…)
• Provides services and assist co-workers, as assigned, in developing and supervising activities that addresses the needs of clients as well as conducting regularly scheduled personal enrichment/health and wellness, social skills building, therapy, educational/vocational and recreational/ leisure time activity groups in the community.
• Understands and utilizes the principles of psychosocial rehabilitation model to assist consumers in accessing resources and supports in the community such as the use of Network of Care, creating a Person Centered Plan or developing their own Wellness Recovery Action Plan (WRAP) by identifying strength and resources to aid in recovery.
• Understands and utilizes stages of recovery concepts and what helps the client at each stage.
• Complete assigned case records and report service activities accurately, comprehensively, and within required standards outlined per agency guidelines
• Provide support beyond the normal 40 hours depending on the needs of the team, and caseload as appropriate and approved by supervisor
• Complete required training hours as outlined by employee handbook, and maintain any licensure requirements if needed and provide timely documentation to HR Office
• Formulate a professional development plan yearly in order to acquire skills needed to be successful in job
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Job Qualifications and Requirements
• Former or present consumer of mental health services or a consumer of mental health and substance abuse services.
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Must have completed or will complete State of Missouri’s Department of Mental Health approved training program and standardized exam and maintain certification.
• First Aid, and CPR, and Med Tech certifications.
• Chauffer’s license, vehicle, and current insurance.
• Able to stand, bend, kneel, lift (20-30 lbs), navigate steps or use appropriate accommodations, drive and be able to sit for hours at a time.
Send Resume To: